Like most Americans, actress and entertainer Taraji P. Henson is at home practicing social distance due to the Coronavirus pandemic. Recently, the vivacious beauty spoke with Access Hollywood’s Zuri Hall via Zoom about how she’s dealing with the current social circumstances, and the Oscar nominee shared some new developments.
1. Lost five pounds using Infrared Sauna: “I used to couldn’t sit in an infrared Sauna for more than ten minutes; I’m up to an hour now per session. I can sit for an hour on the highest temperatures, and it’s so invigorating. I have lost five pounds and I have been eating, drinking… I’ve been going to club quarantine…”
2. Will not take these things for granted: Freedom, A walk in the park, and hugging…”I’m a hugger.”
3. Favorite film right now: Best of Enemies… “That put so much joy and hope in my heart.”
4. Pausing on wedding planning: “I’m pausing because there’s so much to take into consideration now because we’ve all been changed after this. There’s so much to consider, my grandmother who’s 96, his grandmother, who’s 86, my mother who’s now 70, my aunts and uncles, who are up there… It’s a lot to think about.”
5. New Role: She’s excited about her upcoming Netflix film, “Coffee & Kareem,” which arrives on April 3rd.
As of this post: The novel coronavirus has infected more than 941,000 people and killed over 47,000 worldwide, according to a Johns Hopkins University tally. The US has reported more than 216,500 cases, with more than 5,100 deaths.
The coronavirus pandemic is impacting all of us in some shape or form. Share some of your personal and professional wins and losses, so we can all support each other.